Our resident surfer babe from Nicaragua (India Reinartz) shares some of her key tips to staying surf fit and healthy!
India’s 5 Tips for surf fitness:
1) Cardio – interval cardio training will help with fast reaction time.
2) Core strength – great moves are the plank pose, oblique and abs work outs and pilates!
3) Flexibility – overall, it’ll help with your movement in the water and will help you prevent injuries.
4) Continue swimming when you aren’t surfing to help with cross training to help maintain your paddle power.
5) Swim under water laps to maintain good lung control and help you keep calm under pressure.
You can read more about India and her amazing surf/wellness retreats in Nicaragua, in her interview!